LEVEL 3: Confirmation Weekend 2017
After two years of exploring their Christian beliefs, our Freshman Confirmands will confirm their faith in Jesus!! This weekend is a beautiful celebration of their growing faith.
Saturday October 21, 2017
- 8:00am – 10:00am Mandatory Rehearsal. Please arrive early so we can start on time. As soon as we’re done rehearsing all the services, we will release everyone except those giving sermons. The sermon kids will stay and practice in front of each other. We will try to get everyone out early, and thank you for devoting this weekend to such a special milestone!!
- 5:00pm The Confirmands Lead all Worship Services in the Sanctuary
- 6:15pm Special Dinner for Confirmands & Family
We have a special evening planned for celebrating our Confirmands where we invite all family members, parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, to a semi formal meal in the Gathering Place. We will conclude our evening in the Sanctuary with a message from Pastor Ruby about our baptisms.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $10/person. You can drop off cash/check to the LCDC front office or at youth group, or you can call the church office and pay over the phone with Kelly McKennon at 480-948-1234. Children 2 and under are free.
Sunday October 22, 2017
- 8:00am, 9:15am, 10:30am The Confirmands Lead all Worship Services in the Sanctuary
- GROUP PICTURE immediately after the 10:30 Service
- 3:00-4:30pm Confirmation Ceremony in the Sanctuary
- THE ENTIRE CHURCH IS INVITED TO CELEBRATE OUR YOUTH!
- This is a special service where teenagers remember their baptisms when their faith journey began and now “confirm” that the Christian faith is their own and not just their parents.
- The Confirmands will individually recite their memory verse and the apostles creed as a group. Parents will join their Confirmand at the baptismal font for a special blessing and then at the altar for a prayer with their pastors. We also will have some special gifts and a message from your Youth Pastor. This will be a day that celebrates your journey of developing your Christian faith and we hope you always remember it.