WHAT IS CONFIRMATION?
Confirmation at La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church is an opportunity for teenagers to publicly “confirm” their faith in Jesus Christ. At a baby’s baptism, parents make promises to raise their child in the Christian faith and give them an opportunity to make the Christian faith their own. We provide an opportunity for youth to experience God’s love in worship, discipleship, and community. Together, we will explore our GREAT God and support them in taking personal ownership of their Christian faith.
Our Confirmation program is a two-year program for 7th and 8th grade kids on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights from 5:00-6:00pm during the school year, whichever night works best with your schedule. Sunday morning church and youth group attendances as well as community service are also aspects of our program. At the end of the program, we have a special way of celebrating our youth “confirming” their faith in Jesus Christ in the month of October when they begin their Freshmen year in High School.
In short, Confirmation at La Casa is awesome! Lifelong friendships and memories are made and teens experience the love of God and make personal commitments to follow Jesus for life!
Any questions regarding Confirmation can be directed towards LaCasaYouth@lacasadecristo.com.
STUFF FOR PARENTS
- Youth Calendar: 2018-2019
- Confirmation Packet: August, 2018
- Confirmation Requirement Tracking Webtool
STUFF FOR KIDS
Confirmation ~ Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
Register & Pay Online HERE
- Cost is $130 per year
- $130 goes towards the events we host, the speakers we bring in, the food we provide, printing supplies, etc.
- Please pay and submit your Online Registration Form by or before Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
LEVEL 1 & 2 SAVE THE DATES
- SEVEN24 Sunday Mornings Begin!
- August 12, 2018
- 9:00am – 10:15am in the Upstairs Youth Room
- Doors open at 9am for donuts, check-in, and games.
- Worship, Biblical Message & Small Groups
- Confirmation Orientation Meeting
- August 12, 2018
- 11:45am – 12:45pm in the Gathering Place
- Camp Bond
- August 17-18, 2018
- A Friday/Saturday Overnight event in Payson for only incoming 7th graders to “BOND”
- Junior High Winter Retreat
- November 30 – December 2, 2018
Confirmation Schedule ~ Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
- Tuesday/Wednesday Fall & Spring Sessions
- Tuesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Classroom Locations
- Level 1 (7th graders) ~ Room C (upstairs SW corner of LCDC campus)
- Level 2 (8th graders) ~ Room D (upstairs SW corner of LCDC campus)
- Fall 2018 Sessions
- Aug 21/22 Fall Sessions Begin
- Aug 28/29
- Sept 4/5
- Sept 11/12
- Sept 18/19 No Sessions
- Sept 25/26
- Oct 2/3
- Oct 9/10 No Sessions for Fall Break
- Oct 16/17
- Oct 23/24
- Oct 30/31 No Sessions
- Nov 6/7 REVIEW DAY
- Nov 13/14 TEST DAY
- Spring 2019 Sessions
- Jan 8/9 Spring Sessions Begin
- Jan 15/16
- Jan 22/23
- Jan 29/30
- Feb 5/6
- Feb 12/13
- Feb 19/20
- Feb 26/27
- March 5/6 Project Overview
- No Sessions Until
- April 2/3 Party & Projects