WHAT IS CONFIRMATION?
The purpose of Confirmation is to invite 7th and 8th graders into a deeper appreciation of their faith and to create an environment that fosters incredible friendships that will learn to love God and follow Jesus together. Confirmation is a two-year program held on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights from 5:00-6:00pm during the school year, whichever night works best with your schedule.
Sunday morning church and youth group attendances as well as community service are also aspects of our program. At the end of the program, we have a special way of celebrating our Confirmands becoming members of La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church in the month of October when they begin their Freshmen year in High School.
Our philosophy of youth ministry is about surrounding each youth with intentionally loving Christ-centered relationships to experience the good news of the Gospel and be transformed by God’s wisdom and grace. In short, youth ministry at La Casa is awesome! Lifelong friendships and memories are made and teens encounter the love of God!
Any questions regarding Confirmation can be directed towards LaCasaYouth@lacasadecristo.com.
STUFF FOR PARENTS
STUFF FOR KIDS
Register & Pay Online HERE
- Cost is $125 per year (CLICK HERE TO PAY)
- $125 goes towards the events we host, the speakers we bring in, the food we provide, the gas used on trips, Confirmation office and printing supplies, scholarships, etc.
- Once a month on Sunday mornings, lunch will be provided during the 11:45-12:45 hour along with a group game. We decided having our social event on a Sunday morning would be easier for kids/families to be involved than hosting it on another night of the week.
- Please submit your Registration, Payment, Medical Forms, and Parent Support Forms by or before Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
- In addition to registering online, everyone must complete our Online Medical and Liability Waiver with up-to-date health insurance information to participate in our youth events, retreats, and camps.
LEVEL 1 & 2 SAVE THE DATES
- Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting
- August 13, 2017
- 11:45am – 12:45pm in the Gathering Place
- Camp Bond
- August 18-19, 2017
- A Friday/Saturday Overnight event in Payson for only incoming 7th graders to “BOND”
- Junior High Winter Retreat
- December 1-3, 2017
- Junior High Overnighter
- April 27-28, 2018
- Confirmation Camp
- June 3-7, 2018
- For Level 2 (incoming 8th graders) only, or for incoming Freshman who missed going their first opportunity.
- Reflection Paper Due July 8, 2018
- Tuesday/Wednesday Fall & Spring Sessions
- Tuesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Classroom Locations
- Level 1 (7th graders) ~ Room C (upstairs SW corner of LCDC campus)
- Level 2 (8th graders) ~ Room D (upstairs SW corner of LCDC campus)
- Fall 2017 Sessions
- Aug 22/23 Fall Sessions Begin
- Aug 29/30
- Sept 5/6
- Sept 12/13
- Sept 19/20
- Sept 26/27
- Oct 3/4
- Oct 10/11 No Session for Fall Break
- Oct 17/18 REVIEW DAY
- Oct 24/25 TEST DAY
- Spring 2018 Sessions
- Jan 9/10 Spring Sessions Begin
- Jan 16/17
- Jan 23/24
- Jan 30/31
- Feb 6/7
- Feb 13/14 (Ash Wednesday Service afterwards)
- Feb 20/21
- Feb 27/28
- March 6/7 Project Overview
- March 13/14 No Session for Spring Break
- March 20/21 Project Presentations & PARTY
LEVEL 3: Mandatory New Member & Confirmation Weekend Planning Meeting
- August 6, 2017
- 11:45am in Room A (down the hall from the Fellowship Hall)
- Lunch provided
- Mandatory meeting for students only
- DUE DATE for All Confirmation Level 2 Requirements
LEVEL 3: Confirmation Celebration Weekend 2017
After two years of exploring your Christian beliefs, are you ready to confirm your faith in Jesus??? This weekend is the culmination of your investments in Confirmation and is a beautiful celebration of your growing faith!
Saturday October 21, 2017
- 8:00am – 12noon Mandatory Rehearsal. Please arrive early so we can start on time. As soon as we’re done rehearsing all the services, we will release everyone except those giving sermons. The sermon kids will stay and practice in front of each other and find out which service they’re preaching at. We will try to get everyone out early, and thank you for devoting this weekend to such a special milestone!!
- 5:00pm The Confirmands Lead the Worship Service
- 6:15pm Special Dinner for Confirmands & Family
We have a special evening planned for celebrating our Confirmands where we invite all family members, parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, to a semi formal meal in the Gathering Place. We will conclude our evening in the Sanctuary with a message from Pastor Ruby about our baptisms. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Children 2 and under are free.
Sunday October 22, 2017
- 8:00am, 9:15am, 10:30am The Confirmands Lead the Worship Services
- GROUP PICTURE immediately after the 10:30 Service
- 3:00-4:30pm Confirmation Celebration Service
- At this worship service we invite the parents to join their child for their rite of Confirmation, where a pastor will share a blessing at the baptismal font and a prayer at the altar. The Confirmand will share their memory verse as well as Apostles Creed from memory. We also have fun songs led by our Youth Band, an encouraging message and a gift for all our Confirmands! We look forward to a wonderful weekend celebrating our Freshman and their faith in Jesus!!