August 5, 2018
LEVEL 3: Mandatory Planning Meeting
- August 5, 2018
- 11:45am in Room A (down the hall from the Fellowship Hall)
- Lunch provided
- Mandatory meeting for students only
- DUE DATE for All Confirmation Level 2 Requirements
- At this meeting, we will decide who leads which parts and when during the October 20-21 Confirmation Services:
- Welcome and Opening Prayer
- Scripture Readings
- Reflection on Sunday Morning Youth Group
- Reflection on Confirmation Classes
- Life of Jesus
- Story of Israel
- The Lord’s Prayer
- Hot Topics
- Reflection on Confirmation Camp
- Reflection on Requirements
- Thank You on behalf of the Confirmands
- Closing Prayer
- Setting up a time with one of the pastors/leaders to practice your role at least twice in the Sanctuary is required.
October 20-21, 2018
LEVEL 3: Confirmation Celebration Weekend 2018
After two years of exploring their Christian beliefs, our Freshman Confirmands will confirm their faith in Jesus!! This weekend is a beautiful celebration of their growing faith.
Saturday October 20, 2018
- 8:00am – 10:00am Mandatory Rehearsal. Please arrive early so we can start on time. As soon as we’re done rehearsing all the services, we will release everyone. We will try to get everyone out early, and thank you for devoting this weekend to such a special milestone!!
- 5:00pm The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Sanctuary
- GROUP PICTURE immediately after the 5:00pm Service
Sunday October 21, 2018
- 8:00am and 9:15am The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Sanctuary
- 10:30am The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Gathering Place
- Confirmation Luncheon in the Fellowship Hall & Lawn 12:00pm – 1:15pm
- We have a special luncheon planned for celebrating our Confirmands where we invite all family members, parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, to a semi formal meal at La Casa de Cristo.
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $25/family with unlimited guests. You can drop off cash/check to the LCDC front office or at youth group, or you can call the church office and pay over the phone with Kelly McKennon at 480-948-1234. Children 2 and under are free.
- Confirmation Luncheon Volunteers CLICK HERE
- Confirmation Ceremony in the Sanctuary 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- This is a special service where Lutheran teenagers and parents remember their baptisms and make a public “confirmation“ that the Christian faith is their own and not just their parents.
- The Confirmands will individually recite their memory verse and the apostles creed as a group. Parents will join their Confirmand at the baptismal font for a special blessing and then at the altar for a prayer with their pastors. Your Youth Pastor will have a special message for you and some special gifts will be given on behalf of your church.
At the end of the service, family pictures with the pastors are welcome.
This will be a day that celebrates your journey of developing your Christian faith and we hope you always remember it!