After two years of exploring their Christian beliefs, our Freshman Confirmands will confirm their faith in Jesus!! Get excited for this beautiful celebration!
Attention Level 3 Confirmands and Parents:
*** This document overviews the Worship Service Roles expectations as well as Level 3 responsibilities for all Confirmands. ***
MEETING WITH PASTOR CHRIS OR SUZAN TO PRACTICE YOUR CONFIRMATION ROLE???
Confirmation Weekend 2018
Saturday October 20, 2018
- 8:00am – 11:00am Mandatory Rehearsal. Please arrive early so we can start on time. As soon as we’re done rehearsing all the services, we will release everyone. We will try to get everyone out early, and thank you for devoting this weekend to such a special milestone!!
- 5:00pm The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Sanctuary
- GROUP PICTURE immediately after the 5:00pm Service
Sunday October 21, 2018
- 8:00am and 9:15am The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Sanctuary
- 10:30am The Confirmands will lead Worship in the Gathering Place
- Confirmation Luncheon in the Fellowship Hall 11:30pm – 12:45pm
- We have a special luncheon planned for celebrating our Confirmands where we invite all family members, parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, and friends to a semi formal meal at La Casa de Cristo.
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your estimated number of guests.
- Cost is $25/family and guests. You can drop off cash or a check to the LCDC front office or at youth group, or you can PAY ONLINE HERE.
- Deadline to RSVP is Monday, October 1.
- Confirmation Luncheon Volunteers
- Are you NOT a family member of a Freshman Confirmand and interested in helping with setup, serving, or cleanup???
- CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER
Confirmation Ceremony in the Sanctuary 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- This is a special service where Lutheran teenagers (many who started their Christian journey when their parents brought them to be baptized as a baby) now make a public “confirmation” that their faith is in Jesus Christ. The Confirmands will individually recite their memory verse and then the Apostle’s Creed as a group. Parents will join their Confirmand at the baptismal font for a special blessing and then at the altar for a prayer with their pastors. Your youth pastor will have a special message for you and some special gifts will be given on behalf of your church. At the end of the service, family pictures with the pastors and your youth directors will be available.
This will be a day that celebrates your journey of developing your Christian faith and we hope you always remember it!