From LCDC, we’ll take a charter bus to Durango, Colorado and will stay at Christ the King Lutheran Church, which will be our home base for food, sleep, worship, messages & small groups. During the days we’ll hit up Durango Mountain Resort for skiing /snowboarding or the resort life lounges, shops, and activities for non skiers/boarders. There’s even a sledding hill right next to the church we’re staying at!!!
We also have an AWESOME SURPRISE up our sleeves to keep things exciting! In the evenings, we will have beautiful moments of worship, messages, and small groups to be refreshed and renewed by the amazing God who loves us!
CHECK IN TIME:
- 2:30pm in the LCDC Parking Lot
- All luggage and equipment will be stored directly on the charter bus upon arrival.
- Check in at our table, turn in any medications you have if any, and grab a seat on the bus!
- Our goal is to be on the road by 3:00pm or before.
- Please arrive early and do not be late!! With Dinner in Flagstaff, we will be arriving to Durango at 11:00pm and do not want to get there later than that.
- We plan to return to LCDC around 3:00 or 4:00pm on Monday.
- We will send out a text alert on our expected arrival. Let us know if you would like to be on that list.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible and Pen/Pencil
- Sleeping Pad for the church floor
- A Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Towel & Shower Supplies
- Backpack for bus snacks and to carry shower supplies in when we hit up the Durango Recreation Center for showers
- Trashbag for wet/dirty clothes.
- Snow Gear (Warm jacket, pants, socks, gloves, hand warmers, beanies, scarfs, chapstick, shoes to walk around in the SNOW)
- Every Ski/Snowboarders should have appropriate pants, jackets, socks, goggles and gloves to keep warm.
- If you are renting equipment, we need to know.
- If you are bringing equipment, we need to know.
- Ski/Snowboard Helmets are available for an additional $10 at the rental shop. You can get those the day of.
- Cameras. Cell Phones are allowed but for taking pictures only. They will be expected to be packed in your bags during worship/messages/small group time or Doug will take your phone away and swallow it whole!!
- Bus Ride Snacks!
- Spending money for Durango Resort & Downtown shopping, additional food opportunities (Mountain Resort Venues, coffee, ice cream).
- If you have a sled(s) you are willing to bring, please let us know and text us a picture.
MEALS THAT ARE PROVIDED:
- Dinner Friday Night in Flagstaff
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Sunday
- Breakfast and Lunch Sunday
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Vape Pens/Lighters/Knives anything you have to think twice about!!
- A first class ticket from the Durango airport to Phoenix is not worth it :-p