THEME: “The Good Good Gospel”
Developing friendships in Junior High is a good thing. Bon fires and star gazing are good things. Playing capture the flag in the forest is a good thing. Jesus advancing the Kingdom of God is the greatest good thing there is, and you’re invited to be part of it! Through worship, small groups, skits and messages, we will grow in our understanding of why the Gospel of Jesus Christ is so good!
WHEN: November 30 – December 2, 2018
- Friday at 4:30pm – Drop off luggage and sign in at LCDC gymnasium
- Dropoff luggage by the trailer in front of LCDC Gathering Place
- Everyone checks in @ Tables
- Check-in Medications @ Tables
- Friday by 5:00pm – Parent Drivers and Luggage Trailer Leave the LCDC parking lot
- Sunday by 11:30am – Return to LCDC parking lot
- WE NEED ABOUT 15 PARENT DRIVERS!
- This not only helps keep costs down, but also is a great opportunity to bond with the kids and listen to their great stories from camp! When you register your kid(s), please note if you can drive TO camp, FROM camp, or BOTH ways! Thank you for your support!
WHERE: Pine Summit Camp, Prescott Arizona
The Early Bird Cost is $150 if registered and paid by Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Otherwise, the cost will be $175 if registered and paid by Sunday, November 18, 2018.
- Cost includes lodging, transportation, Saturday’s meals, Sunday’s breakfast and a JHWR tshirt!
- You can pay online or provide cash or check made out to La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church and turn it in to the front office labeled Junior High Winter Retreat.
- Deadline to register and pay will be Sunday, November 18, 2018.
- Friends are always welcome!
WHAT TO BRING:
- A Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Bible and pen or pencil
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Beanie, scarfs, warm gloves and shoes
- Warm clothes that can get wet (if there’s snow)
- Dry clothes to wear when the other clothes are wet.
- Towel & Shower Supplies
- Trashbag for wet/dirty clothes.
- Cabin Snacks to share!
- $10 cash for Friday night’s dinner (stopping in Prescott, most likely In & Out)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- No cell phones, ipads, ipods, or any electronic device that distracts from real Facetime and good community.
- If phones are brought for the purpose of connecting with rides, they must be turned off and stored in your luggage. If seen, Chris and Suzan will keep phones until we leave camp. If you like taking pictures, disposable or digital cameras are totally okay!
- No knives, drugs, alcohol, vape pens, or anything you have to think twice about! Phone calls home are not fun!
- Pray that each kid encounters God’s love in a personal and meaningful way.
- Pray for new and stronger friendships.
- Pray for the kids to draw closer to God through our worship, messages, small groups.
- Pray for kids and leaders to find time to rest!
- Pray for a fun-filled and safe weekend!
- We are thrilled to have your teen’s involvement in our youth ministry! We understand various life situations can place a financial burden on families and we wouldn’t want any kids to miss out on our trips because of financial difficulty. Please don’t hesitate to send Chris an email (email@example.com) or call if you have any requests or questions about scholarships (Church Office: 480-948-1234).