Overwhelmed in San Diego
We often get overwhelmed by a lot of things…
but have you ever been overwhelmed by God’s grace?
Enamored by the Father’s love?
Mesmerized by the wisdom of Jesus?
Awestruck by the power of the Holy Spirit?
We will spend a week together examining our experience of being overwhelmed in life and how it would be so much better to live day to day overwhelmed by God’s goodness and grace.
June 18-25, 2016
Checkin 6:00am Saturday, June 18th
Return around 2:30pm Saturday, June 25
We will be staying at Christ Lutheran Church in Pacific Beach, San Diego, California, just a stone throw from the beach! We will be serving the community in a variety of ways, having tons of fun activities, worshipping our amazing God, and learning and growing together in that relationship. The details of our trip events are top secret for your benefit of living in the present moment, unconcerned of schedules and what’s happening next. Oh yeah, we don’t allow cell phones on this trip! You won’t need one nor want one… Facetime with each other is truly life giving!
Registration & $200 deposit by April 10 secures the early bird rate of $550.
Registrations and deposits after April 10, the cost is $575.
Entire balance is due by or before June 1.
In addition to our registration form, everyone must complete our Event & Medical Release Forms with up-to-date health insurance information to participate in our youth events, retreats, and camps.
Printable Forms (Alternative to Online Forms)
Mandatory Pre-Trip Meeting
For Parents & Students
Wednesday, June 15
6:30-8:00pm in the Sanctuary
This is a required part of our trip. If parent(s) and/or youth “cannot” attend, please check with Chris & Suzan beforehand. We have a volunteer waiver that everyone needs to complete (click here). This form can be turned in at this meeting, we will have blank copies for you at this meeting if you’re not able to print it out. We also have a med info question we need answered too (click here). We will check in medications, collect all forms & payments if any, hear from our trip nurse, learn about our trip banking system, packing list, Garman Rules, and ultimately get pumped up together for our exciting week together.
Friday, June 17
Anytime between 5:00-6:30pm in front of the gym
- Beach Weather Clothes! We’re staying a block away from the beach!
- light jacket for cooler mornings & nights
- sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow (pack it tight please)
- SUNSCREEN, BEACH TOWEL, SWIMSUIT
- Ladies: Modest Two-Piece Suit is Okay
- Guys: No Speedos
- Shower Supplies: Soap, Shampoo, Towel, Change of Underwear
- Work clothes you’re okay getting grungy & painted on
- Work Gloves, Closed Toe Shoes
- Two Nice Outfits – 1 for church, 1 for surprise
- A Watch (that thing people wear on the wrist to tell the time)
- Small Digital or Disposable Camera (optional)
- Bible, Pen, Sunglasses, Hat, Excited Teenage Soul
Do Not Bring:
- Cell phones, ipods, ipads, or electronic gaming devices
- Our trip is SOOoo much better without them.
- Do not hide in your bag. They will be confiscated if found.
- No knives, alcohol, vape pens, drugs, lighters, wheelbarrows, possums, forklifts, or tutus.
- Tutus are possible okay, only if Jim Curley brings his.
Daily Video Blogs
During the trip we will have daily video blogs of your kids on our youth website sharing highlights of our time together! It’s a fun way to share in the amazing experiences they are having!
If you have any questions about scheduling, scholarships, or anything regarding this trip you need to talk about, Chris and Suzan would be glad to chat with you.
Office number is 480-948-1234