Fearless in Visalia, California
June 17-24, 2017
Morning Service Projects
We have an incredible service opportunity to partner with Self-Help Enterprise and low-income families of Visalia in the building and construction phase of their homes!
Every activity is a surprise, however, one day we will be white water rafting down the Kaweah River (continuous Class III with some Class IV) and every participant is required to fill out a special liability waiver (We will have them at the Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting on Wednesday, June 14 @ 6:30 in the Sanctuary). All activities are included in the cost of this trip.
Evening Worship, Messages, and Small Groups’ Theme
The Bible contains hundreds of verses about “fear” and being “afraid,” but in over half of these verses God encourages us to not be afraid. Let’s face it, this world we live in is exceptionally good at instilling fear and taking advantage of us through our fears. This week we will explore how Jesus invites us to approach life and become FEARLESS! What are you afraid of?
Registration & $200 deposit by Sunday, April 9 secures the early bird rate of $510.
Registrations and deposits after April 9, the cost is $560.
Entire balance is due by or before May 31.
In addition to our registration form, everyone must complete our Online Medical & Liability Waiver with up-to-date health insurance information to participate on this trip. After completing it, it is valid through May 2018!
Printable Form (Alternative to the Online Form… coming soon)
Checkin 6:00am Saturday, June 17th and leave the LCDC parking lot by 6:30am.
We will return to the LCDC parking lot around 2:30pm Saturday, June 24 (we will send out text alerts).
The details of our trip events are top secret for your benefit of living in the present moment, unconcerned of schedules and what’s happening next. We did let one activity out of the bag (white water rafting) because of the extra liability waiver. Oh yeah, we don’t allow cell phones on this trip! You won’t need one nor want one… Facetime with each other is truly life giving! We will be traveling around in 15 passenger vans and will be staying at Visalia Nazarene Church in Visalia, California (central California). On Friday night (June 23) we will be staying at Glendora Community Church in southern California. See addresses below:
Visalia Nazarene Church (Saturday June 17 – Thursday June 22)
3333 W Caldwell Ave, Visalia, CA 93277
Glendora Community Church (spending Friday night only, June 23)
645 Grand Ave, Glendora, CA 91741
Mandatory Pre-Trip Meeting
Wednesday, June 14, 6:30-8:00pm in the Sanctuary
This is a required part of our trip. If parent(s) and/or youth “cannot” attend, please check with Chris & Suzan beforehand. We will have some waivers that everyone needs to complete (coming soon). These forms can be turned in at this meeting, we will have blank copies for you at this meeting if you’re not able to print it out. We will check in medications, collect all forms & payments if any, hear from our trip nurse, learn about our trip banking system, packing list, Summer Trip Rules, and ultimately get pumped up together for our exciting week together.
Friday, June 16
Come anytime between 5:00-6:30pm in front of the gym and pack your luggage into our 26 foot Moving Truck we have rented for this trip.
- Summer Clothes
- t-shirts and shorts (Modesty!!)
- light jacket and pants for cooler weather occasions
- sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow (pack it tight please… NO AIR MATTRESSES)
- SUNSCREEN, BEACH TOWEL, SWIMSUIT
- Ladies: Modest Two-Piece Suit is Okay
- Guys: No Speedos
- Shower Supplies: Soap, Shampoo, Towel, Deodorant, Change of Underwear
- Work clothes you’re okay getting grungy & painted on
- Jeans, T-shirt, Hat, Work Gloves, Closed Toe Shoes
- Hammer (with your name on it)
- Nice Outfit for church
- A Watch (that thing people wear on the wrist to tell the time)
- Small Digital or Disposable Camera (optional)
- Bible, Pen, Sunglasses, Hat, Excited Teenage Soul
- Optional Cash $$$. All meals and entertainment is covered but $50-$100 is suggested for spending opportunities, souvenirs and contributing to the church offering. We have a trip banking system where kids are not responsible for holding onto their cash themselves, but they withdraw it at various times during the trip. All remaining money is returned on the last day to each kid.
Do Not Bring:
- Cell phones, ipods, ipads, or electronic gaming devices
- Our trip is SOOoo much better without them.
- Do not hide anything in your bag. They will be confiscated if found.
- No knives, alcohol, vape pens, drugs, lighters, or anything you have to think twice about.
- A plane ticket home on your dime is not worth it.
Daily Video Blogs
During the trip we will have daily video blogs of your kids on our youth website sharing highlights of our time together! It’s a fun way to share in the amazing experiences they are having!
Checkout our highlight video from last year’s Summer Trip in San Diego!
If you have any questions about scheduling, scholarships, or anything regarding this trip you need to talk about, Chris and Suzan would be glad to chat with you.
Office number is 480-948-1234