“Into the Unknown” in Ouray, Colorado
June 16-23, 2018
By an act of faith, Abraham said yes to God’s call to travel to an unknown place that would become his home. When he left he had no idea where he was going. Hebrews 11:8
Morning Service Projects: We have some really exciting service projects up our sleeve… We’re not kidding about this, we just don’t want to tell you because of our whole “Into the Unknown” theme.
Afternoon Fun: We like to keep you in the dark regarding our activities. It’s more fun that way. But we do need you to complete a white water rafting waiver… that‘s all we’re sharing.
Evening Worship, Messages and Small Groups’ Theme: “Into the Unknown”
Transportation: We have reserved 3 Arrow Stage Line coach buses for the journey. We’re okay with you knowing this. It’s actually pretty exciting really!
Housing: We will be staying at: Ouray Senior High School 400 7th Ave, Ouray, CO 81427
Checkin: 6:00am Saturday, June 16th. Our buses leave the LCDC parking lot by 6:30am.
Return: We will return to the LCDC parking lot Saturday, June 23, sometime from late afternoon to early evening (we will send out text alerts).
A $200 non-refundable deposit by Sunday, April 8 secures an early bird rate of $510.
Cost is $560 if registered after April 8.
Registrations and full payments are due by Wednesday, May 16.
Costs cover transportation, meals, housing, activities, souvenir bottle, t-shirt, and the unknowns.
If you wish to pay by cash or check, please use the promocode “cashcheck.”
You will have options to pay either the $200 deposit or to pay in full.
Mandatory Pre-Trip Meeting
Wednesday, June 14, 6:30-8:00pm in the Sanctuary
This is a required part of our trip. If parent(s) and/or youth “cannot” attend, please check with Chris & Suzan beforehand. All registrations/payments/waivers are due at this meeting, (we will have blank copies of waivers). We can check in medications, collect all forms & payments if any, hear from our trip Nurse, learn about our trip Banking System, Packing List, Summer Trip Rules, Daily Video Blog, and ultimately get pumped up for an exciting week together.
Friday, June 15, 5:00-6:30pm in front of the Gathering Place
Come anytime between 5:00-6:30pm in front of the Gathering Place and pack your luggage into our 26 foot Moving Truck we have rented for this trip. You can also turn in any medications you’re taking on the trip as well as deposit your trip spending money (cash only) into our trip banking system.
- Bible, Pen, Excited Teenage Soul
- Summer Clothes
- t-shirts and shorts (Modesty!!)
- light jacket and pants for cooler weather occasions
- rain jacket – just in case
- hat, sunglasses, Sunscreen!!
- Backpack for bus rides, showers, and surprise!
- sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow (pack it tight please… NO AIR MATTRESSES)
- SUNSCREEN, SWIMSUIT, BEACH TOWEL
- Water shoes or shoes with a heel strap (for white water rafting)
- Shower Supplies: Soap, Shampoo, Towel, Deodorant, Change of Underwear
- Work Project Clothes you’re okay getting grungy & painted on
- T-shirt, Hat, Work Gloves, Closed Toe Shoes
- Jeans or Shorts (at least half the distance between hip bone and the knee)
- Here are some pictures of shorts that are acceptable length for the work projects:
- A Watch (that thing people wear on their wrist to tell the time)
- Small Digital or Disposable Camera (optional)
- Optional Cash $$$. All meals and entertainment are covered but $50-$100 is suggested for spending opportunities, souvenirs and contributing to the church offering. We have a trip banking system where kids are not responsible for holding onto their cash themselves, but they withdraw it at various times during the trip. Money is submitted @ luggage drop-off and all remaining money is returned on the last day to each kid.
Do Not Bring:
- Cell phones, ipods, ipads, or electronic gaming devices
- Our trip is SOOoo much better without them.
- Do not hide anything in your bag. They will be confiscated if found.
- No knives, alcohol, vape pens, drugs, lighters, or anything you have to think twice about.
- A plane ticket home on your dime is not worth it.
Daily Video Blogs
During the trip we will have daily video blogs of your kids on our youth website sharing highlights of our time together! It’s a fun way to share in the amazing experiences they are having!
Checkout our highlight video from last year’s Summer Trip to Visalia!
Summer Trip Reunion!!!
Wednesday, August 1
6:30pm – 8:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
Come enjoy being together once again as well as a Yummy Dinner, Highlight Video and Summer Trip Pictures to take home!
If you have any questions about scheduling or anything regarding this trip you need to talk about, Chris and Suzan would be glad to chat with you.
Financial concerns? Please don’t hesitate to ask for a scholarship. We believe money should never get in the way of how God wants to move in a teenager’s life. Click HERE to fill out our scholarship form and email it back to us.
Office number is 480-948-1234